Benefits of weight loss surgery
- Weight loss surgery may save your life. Your risk of death can be reduced if you lose weight through surgery compared to staying morbidly obese
- Reduction in food intake which leads to a reduction in calorie intake and consequent weight loss
- Weight Loss surgery can not only help you look and feel better, it can also ensure that you lead a healthier life.
- Weight loss will improve the physical and lifestyle conditions associated with being overweight
- If you have failed at many diets and exercise programmes weight loss surgery is probably the most effective and ONLY method which results in significant weight loss long term as long as you have the right aftercare package in place to enable you to learn how to work alongside the surgery you have chosen to have.
- Energy levels improve enabling you to move around easier and improve your quality of life.
- Adjustable gastric banding, gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery improves your self esteem and self worth. It can give you a new found confidence, positive feelings and control over a life that has had issues with being overweight for a long long time.
- It's sad but true, being overweight can prejudice and influence the perception and attraction of others at work, at home and within relationships. Weight loss surgery can turn that around as your self esteem and confidence improves so does others perception and reactions around you.